Thursday, December 28, 2006

2006 (part 2)!!! lessons learnt well

The lessons 2006 taught and mind you continues to teach even while it’s breathing the last breath and counting its days, are bound to stay with me for the rest of my life. Last time I had written till the beginning of June of the year. Now time to proceed.
*
**

June

  • Birthday party was a huge success. I loved every moment of it.
    23rd birthday was the first time I had spoken to him. Life had begun to change.
  • Exams. Aha! A mockery of the exams did I make. Did not study one word seriously. Lesson- to never do that again!!! NEVER!
  • Smiling suits my face cut. I look nice when I giggle and smile all the time.
    The feeling of love ain’t that bad.
  • FTII results came out. I was among the top 25 students of 10000 who had given the entrance from all over the country. Winning matters till you are winning.
    NRAI finished without much fanfare. No farewell party, no goodbyes. Sometimes bidding adieu without a word is good.
  • The month was all about partying with friends and enjoying the knowledge of clearing FTII written and giving the masters final exam. Pure bliss.
    Lots of giggles.
  • June was the month that was easily the peak of the year. With the documentary finished, loads of family and friends around, NRAI behind me, FTII result cheering me on and yes how could I forget me giving my heart a chance?

July

  • The cycle of life started to catch up. After the peak the lull was obvious. It was the beginning of the end of the happy times.
  • Sitting at home without much to do. I had started to loose it.
  • Started going for swimming coaching. Awesome fun! I love water. Swimming rocks as a stress buster. A must learning thing for everyone.
  • Online addiction happened.
  • All of friends had a complete night party. Stayed up all night. Made dinner together, watched the final soccer world cup and had a pillow fight. Oh what fun sneaking is hehehehe.
  • Life promised never to be the same again.
  • I saw a lot of films.
  • Went on my first date. It was fun. Something I had always imagined it would be.
  • Did not like Gurgaon too much then.
  • Went to Pune. Broke my own record. I was quiet for 28 hours. There was no one in the entire boggie. I kept listening to songs and reading.
  • Had an awesome time with Kanchan , Aashu, Kshiteej, Jayesh and Aditi.
  • Fell in love with Pune city. Wanted very badly to live there.
  • Did not clear the FTII interview. The sense of failure was all consuming.
  • Was betrayed by a friend and him. Thought at the time I could fight that. Well not really…

August

  • The job hunt started. So did depression and internet addiction.
  • Friends seemed to be too busy to meet. It hurt bad to be the only one around to have plenty of time in hand.
  • For the first time in my life I did not have any idea what was to happen next. Uncertainty not my battle.
  • Learned that friends are those who stick by you through that time.
  • Don’t judge people too fast.
  • Some rules are NOT meat to be broken.
  • Taking calculated risks is ok. But foolish ones… wrong idea.
  • Never trust a third person to comment or interfere in a relationship… foolishly enough I did not know this earlier.
  • Paid the phone bill. Phew burnt a hole in my pocket… 2000 bucks oof… now that I think of it calling people on roaming and taking their calls at odd hours is not too wise an idea.
    But guess you gotta do every stupid thing to learn the lesson.
  • Got my passport without paying a single penny as bribe.
  • Spoke with a lot of people for job prospects.
  • Was weighing my options. Said no to a lot of firms as well. It was difficult but I still say it was the correct decision.
  • Reading and writing to the front seat. Got back to what I loved most.
    Chickened out many times to have my first drink… hehehe.
  • Gurneet introduced me to the late night confys on yahoo. Had a great time.
    Sang songs. Hahahhahahaha
  • Made great friends.
  • Developed insomnia.
  • September
  • Ganpati puja was fun. Had friends and family around. Lonkar aaji was telling Garima and Gurneet stories about me when I was little. I was a pretty cute and smart child.
    I look great in black.
  • Finally met Deepti Kapoor. Started work with The Man.
  • Realized a job with no work, was not my cup of tea. Still hung around while continuing the job hunt.
  • Saw Khosla ka Ghosla at the special screening. Nice movie.
    With ‘The Man’ I witnessed a new kind of world within the industry. Decided it was not for me.
  • Realized what I did not want for sure.
  • Severed ties with him. Did not want to be hurt anymore.
  • I can be very diplomatic and cruel at the same time when time demands that of me.
  • Started reading World is Flat. Sabiha Ma’am was right as usual. It is an awesome book.
  • Blogged like crazy during this month. Enjoyed writing each piece.
  • Late night confys became a habit. Realized that you don’t need to meet people face to face to be friends. Friendship is an emotion that is to be shared and felt.

October

  • The brought with a whole lot of depression, disillusionment and loads of festivities as well.
  • Went for a radio audition. Weird audition since he just interviewed me nad just took an audio test for the other candidate.
  • Got my mark sheet for the final semester of masters of mass communication.
  • Was getting the hang of passing time in the office.
  • Working from home is not my thing. Not at this age and stage in life.
  • Diwali was festive. Aaji was here. I wore a saari.
  • Had a friends’ get-together on bhai dooj, when mom was in Jaipur.
  • I am good at giving lengthy lectures. Poor Ashish, I lectured him bad that day. But I think I had a positive effect on him.

November

  • The starting of the month saw me traveling to Jaipur. I can talk to even strangers for a long time.
  • Mama’s house warming party was great. I was looking great and feeling even better. Everyone is very proud of mama.
  • Went to Gurgaon for a couple of interviews. This time I was exploring the place on a cycle rickshaw by myself. Liked it a lot.
  • Can’t trust anyone when it comes to official matters. Always remember you don’t have the job till you have the offer letter in your hand.
  • Decided to leave the magazine. The best decision I ever took.
  • It is very important to go through the phase of desperation when chartering your career to make you a complete human being.
  • We went to Vaneet’s house for lunch on his birthday. Loads of leg-pulling, laughter, great food marked the day. He loved the sweat-shirt we had got him.
  • Giving gifts is good when the receiver appreciates the thought.
  • Going to trade fare with Medhekar Aaji was a lot of fun. Her enthusiasm is something contagious. If it could be possible I would make it compulsory for everyone to meet her once during their lifetime.

December

  • The first half of the month was a mixed bag.
  • Puja at my place went very well. Everyone was very happy with the preparations. I had handled a lot of responsibilities in the kitchen this time around.
  • I met some friends from orkut and yahoo confys. Did not feel like the first meet or like the last one. I m hope one day all of us from the various cities and countries will meet at one place and have a ball.
  • Finally resigned from ‘The Man’.
  • Anita aunty had come to spend the day. I made lunch. She liked the rajma. So I was happy.
  • Things seemed dismal on the career front.
  • He made an appearance again. But this time it was ok. I was normal. The old feelings had subsided. I can be socially and politically correct with him now.
  • Went to Noida. Damn far. Again I am the best judge of my capacity and capability. Content writing was not the job for me.
  • By the 17th of the month I had developed suicidal tendencies. I am ashamed of myself to admit it.
  • I was unable to see myself in 2007. The next year did not promise any prospects for me.
  • Faith was re-instated in the song “I believe in angels when the time is right for me”
  • Two awesome angels came to my rescue. One, a friend who I had met only once and the other, I had just spoken to over yahoo confys and on phone a couple of times.
  • They showed so much concern and care that it became my moral duty to take care of myself.
  • Once I started to believe in myself things took the right direction. The very next day I went for a test and an interview. Cleared both. Got an offer letter the same day.
  • The job is perfect for someone like me who has done graduation in Geography and masters in mass communication. I get to utilize both my specializations.
  • The end of the year again taught me that keeping faith in me and believing in angels always works.

I would like to thank all the people who taught me so much during this year. I hope I can find a heart big enough to forgive those who hurt me. I wish the lessons I learnt this year stay with me through the rest of my life.

*For those who read the whole thing and at the end were thinking the reason for me to put this post up. Well it’s just a reminder for myself to remember the most eventful and crucial year of my life so far. It would be great if some of you can remember and relive some moments of the year gone by through this blog.

** All those of you who still do not get why the blog was posted, well u read something trivial. Now stop complaining and move on.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!
SEE YOU NEXT YEAR.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, I m Deepak here.
It’s interesting to read your blogs. Nice one.
Meanwhile I have read that u cleared the FTII exam and u got a call.
To be frank, I m also interested in it.
However, I do not have any idea about the exam and syllabus.
Therefore, can u please advice me what and how to prepare for exam.
Also please share if u have any materials and sample papers.
My mail id: deepakprasadv@gmail.com
deepakrprasadv@yahoo.com

Regards,
Deepak Prasad V

Architect Bhushan S.R. Lad said...

Hi, I m BHUSHAN S. LAD.
It’s interesting to read your blogs. Nice one.
Meanwhile I have read that u cleared the FTII exam and u got a call.
To be frank, I m also interested in it.
However, I do not have any idea about the exam and syllabus.
Therefore, can u please advice me what and how to prepare for exam.
Also please share if u have any materials and sample papers.
My mail id: madhuram0609@yahoo.co.in

Arshat Chaudhary said...

Tough luck mate bout tht interview.. I have heard its kinda difficult to clear the interview.. What did they ask in the interview anyway? I have cleared the written exams, but am not too sure of the interview.. Would be thankful if you could help me out here on your blog or through mail
arshat.chaudhary@gmail.com
Cheers :)

Basu Chakraborty said...

Hi firstly congrats to you for you have cleared FTII. I also aspire to be there, please help me with some sample papers & tips.
looking forward to you....
Thanking you,
Basumitra Chakraborty

My id: basualwayz@gmail.com

From Srinivas said...

Hi, Priyanka...
i wish u a very & prosporus happy new year....
cau u plzzzzzzzzzzzzz
send ftii papers ,ur interview in ftii 7 how 2 prepare for ftii in direction cource.....
Anyway
while i am reading ur blog,i felt that very heart touching & i became a girl......
don't feel bad,all succeses in ur smile..
so plzzzzz...keep smile...
Srinivas
srinivas055622@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Priyanka

Congratulations on clearing the FTII Exam.I was looking forward to appear for May 2009 Exam for the Acting course but im not sure whats gonna come in the exam.Can u provide some help?It would be great!

Thanks
Dhruv

ranjeet singh said...

hi....

i am roney. congratulations!!!!
it's my dream to ....
my entrance exam is on july and i need some sample papers to do take some ideas. or any other method which clears the patern of exam.
it's must
waiting for reply
roney_fms@rediffmail.com
roney_fms@yahoo.com

Rohit.P.Toppo. said...

"hi...to be frank...I hit upon this blog, while searching for anything related to FTII 2009 results...ended up reading the blog...liked it...like ur frankness...read all the following comments...wot to say...maybe everyone commented for their own needs...I don't have any needs...still wanted to say: ...now I can't remember wot I wanted to say!...anywaz It waz something related to inspiration...circumstances n all...the bottom line...keep writing n inspiring one n all...maybe u'll make a great writer some day!!!...God Bless...PEACE!!!"

- R.P.T

Unknown said...

hi
i m an aspiring to ger admission in ftii pune, please help how i should prepare or make up myself for the entrance, please help me and b my guide

thank you

my id- dhruva2910.1985@gmail.com

TEAM MIRAGE said...

Hi Priyanka,read your blog.its as if sumbody has copied my thinking and made it into words.i failed to clear ftii in the first interview.gave it last year.got stuck in waiting list dat 2 at number 1.i gave it again this time.dunno wats gonna happen.i did my bachelors in mass comm and appeared for ftii.rite now pursuing sound designig from DA in mumbai.last time i was prepared but break up cudnt take me acrosss the interview..and this year i gave wid no preparation.cos i had no mood to study.i wasted a year in this.had lots of time to think but dn u know lazy mind is devil's workshop.
wat are u doing rite now??

RamAli said...

hi priyanka dis is Nikhil..hope ur doin good.. well frnd i've been selected at FTII for certification in direction ..i need some tips from u for da interview.. plz guide me...i've no media experience since im an engineer but i've genuine passion for dis field..hope 2 get back from u soon as my interview is scheduled for next week..
my id nickntime1@gmail.com

RamAli said...

hi priyanka dis is Nikhil..hope ur doin good.. well frnd i've been selected at FTII for certification in direction ..i need some tips from u for da interview.. plz guide me...i've no media experience since im an engineer but i've genuine passion for dis field..hope 2 get back from u soon as my interview is scheduled for next week..
my id nickntime1@gmail.com

RamAli said...

hi priyanka dis is Nikhil..hope ur doin good.. well frnd i've been selected at FTII for certification in direction ..i need some tips from u for da interview.. plz guide me...i've no media experience since im an engineer but i've genuine passion for dis field..hope 2 get back from u soon as my interview is scheduled for next week..my id nickntime1@gmail.com